Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Book talks @ SSMS

Today it was my pleasure to visit Mrs. Sipes's classes @ SSMS, I enjoyed visiting with everyone and talking up some great reads about World War II and the Holocaust. ANd of course, Everlost-the book for the Read 'n' Feed (more on that in a later blog:). In case you want to check and see if any of the titles are in or if you lost the handy sheet that I passed out (it happens, I know-you should have seen my locker when I was in middle school!), here are the titles that I brought to SSMS. Enjoy!

Everlost by Neal Shusterman
A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde
Hitler Youth: Growing up in Hitler’s Shadow by Susan Bartoletti
Briar Rose by Jane Yolen

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Devil’s Arithmetic by Jane Yolen

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf